I am in love with my homemade (insanely easy) whipped coconut oil body butter recipe. This is the easiest and BEST natural and nourishing skincare product I have ever used for my skin.
I love all DIY body butters, but this recipe is so easy to make, you can probably make some right now in your kitchen!
Why do I love whipped body butter? Let me ask you this:
Does your moisturizer make you nervous?
Let me guess:
It’s either filled with questionable ingredients or wildly expensive. Or both. (Here’s a list of chemicals to avoid in body lotion.)
Like you, I’ve been seeking a natural alternative to those bottles of creamy (but chemical-laden) conventional lotions.
It hasn’t been easy.
Coconut oil has always been a top contender, but it wasn’t until I tried a new coconut oil body butter recipe that I finally found my personal holy grail moisturizer.
Why Whipped Body Butter with Coconut Oil?
I’ve been having an on again, off again love affair with coconut oil as a moisturizer for a few years now.
I love that it’s pure, natural and even inexpensive.
But we don’t always get along, and in the winter things get hard. Literally. I practically need a jackhammer to get enough coconut oil out of the jar to moisturize my dry winter skin.
This is a serious problem, because I’m a big fan of convenience, and wrestling with a jar of coconut oil isn’t exactly my cup of tea in the wee hours of the morning.
What about heating up the coconut oil jar?
Heating the jar to melt the oil never worked for me, either, because I chronically forgot to do it!
So most of the time I’d end up digging it out with my fingernails, or I’d just give up and go back to my old lotion stand-by.
But deep down I felt there was a way to work things out. Coconut oil and I were meant to moisturize together. I just needed to figure out the how.
Here’s what I did:
One day I ran across a recipe for whipped shea butter, and this got me thinking:
Can you whip coconut oil?
Why not give this coconut oil recipe a go?
Here’s what happened:
The result was a superbly light and fluffy moisturizer that far exceeded my expectations. With a jar of this on hand, I doubt I will ever be tempted to fool around with expensive store bought lotions ever again.
Want to try it out? Here’s how you can make great homemade body butter with whipped coconut oil:
DIY Whipped Body Butter Recipe with Coconut Oil
I love that this coconut oil recipe only requires one (yes, one!) ingredient: coconut oil.
Anything else is completely optional.
It also only takes a few measly minutes, and you’ll have enough whipped body butter to last at least a month or two. In fact, if you get carried away, put some in an attractive jar and it makes a great gift!
Here’s what it costs:
It feels sinfully luxurious as a moisturizer, and yet an entire jar of it costs less than $2 to make if you buy your coconut oil in bulk.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional)
- a few drops of your favorite essential oils for fragrance (where to buy essential oils online)
1. Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Note: Do not melt the coconut oil first. It will only whip up if it’s solid.
2. Mix on high speed with a wire whisk for 6-7 minutes or until whipped into a light, airy consistency.
3. Spoon the whipped coconut oil body butter into a glass jar and cover tightly. Store at room temperature, or in the refrigerator if your house is so warm it melts the oil.
Tip: An electric hand mixer will work, but my KitchenAid stand mixer did an amazing job and I was able to get other work done while it was mixing away. A blender or food processor will not work with this coconut oil recipe, because they tend to warm the oil too much and prevent it from whipping up.
Note: Your whipped coconut oil should stay relatively soft, even at colder temperatures. If it’s really cold, it will become a little more solid, but not rock hard like it normally does. I noticed mine beaded into a froth of tiny coconut oil pearls that melt right into my skin. Love it!
Order coconut oil online HERE.
Looking for the best high quality essential oils? Learn where I shop for high quality therapeutic essential oils online.
Have you made this whipped body butter recipe? Do you have your own coconut oil recipes to share? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
More DIY Body Butter Recipes:
- Key Lime Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter
- Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter
- DIY Matcha Body Butter Recipe
- Lavender Mint Body Butter
- Peppermint Orange Body Butter
Like this post? Pin it for later!
- 50+ Healthy, Easy Blueberry Recipes - July 3, 2018
- Try This Natural Charcoal Teeth Whitening Trick (It Really Works!) - July 1, 2018
- Tons of Fresh Blackberries? 48+ Healthy Blackberry Recipes You’ll Love - June 26, 2018
- How to Prevent Coffee Jitters and Caffeine Anxiety (Without Giving Up Coffee) - June 24, 2018
- 4 Easy Honey Face Mask Recipes (for Acne, Dry Skin + More) - June 17, 2018