Want to get soft hands? Yeah, me too. I’ve often heard that nothing gives away your age more than your hands. But expensive hand creams aren’t the answer. They can be loaded with chemical fillers and they always ignore a vital step in getting soft hands: exfoliation. Instead, fight dry, cracked winter hands with a food-based homemade scrub formulated especially for your hands!
How to Make Homemade Hand Scrub
1. Stir together the honey and coconut oil in a medium bowl.
2. In another small bowl, blend the salt, sugar and lemon juice until it becomes crumbly.
3. Pour the salt mixture over the honey mixture and stir until smooth.
4. Store in a small glass storage container.
Directions for Use:
1. Gently massage a marble-sized amount of homemade hand scrub into your hands for 30-60 seconds. (Don’t forget to exfoliate between your fingers!)
2. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. The coconut oil provides enough moisture so you probably won’t need to follow up with anything else. If your hands are extra dry, you might want to apply some homemade whipped coconut oil.
3. Repeat 1-2 times per week.
Why These Ingredients?
- Coconut oil: provides quality moisture and antibacterial/antiviral/antifungal properties. Helps soften skin so it’s ready for exfoliation. (Get high quality coconut oil online here.)
- Honey: heals and softens the skin. It’s mother nature’s best kept beauty secret!
- Salt and sugar: both are excellent for exfoliating and can also be healing for the skin.
- Lemon juice: brightens, softens, and helps remove odors from your hands (like onion!).
Good-Bye Dry, Cracked Winter Hands!
I always wondered how to get soft hands (especially in the dry winter months), and it turns out I was missing the important step of exfoliation. Since I started using this scrub, my hands look and feel fantastic! They also absorb moisturizer so much better now, I hardly need to use any at all.
- 1 tbsp [url href=”http://www.livingthenourishedlife.com/virgin-coconut-oil” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]coconut oil[/url]
- 2 tbsp [url href=”http://www.livingthenourishedlife.com/honey” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]raw honey[/url]
- 1/4 cup [url href=”http://www.livingthenourishedlife.com/sea-salt” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]sea salt[/url]
- 1/4 cup [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E9WB8G/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000E9WB8G&linkCode=as2&tag=naturallyexpe-20″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]organic sugar[/url]
- 1 tbsp [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BNQFGHW/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00BNQFGHW&linkCode=as2&tag=naturallyexpe-20″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]lemon juice[/url]
- Stir together the honey and [url href=”http://amzn.to/1qYkUzB” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]coconut oil[/url] in a medium bowl.
- In another small bowl, blend the salt, sugar and lemon juice until it becomes crumbly.
- Pour the salt mixture over the honey mixture and stir until smooth.
- Store in a [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CFTB0/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0000CFTB0&linkCode=as2&tag=naturallyexpe-20″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]small glass storage container[/url].
You might also enjoy these posts:
- Beach Body Polish with Minerals for Healthy Skin
- Simple Peppermint Citrus Scrub
- DIY Rosemary Lavender Salt Scrub
- Better than Botox Facial Scrub
- Lavender Honey Scrub
- Invigorating Salt Scrub for Muscle Pain Relief
- Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
- Calming Lavender Scrub
- Daily Recommended Protein: How many grams do you really need per day? - February 14, 2018
- Stress Away Essential Oil Giveaway! ($40.13 Retail Value) - February 13, 2018
- I stopped dieting 6 years ago and this happened… - February 11, 2018
- 16 Eye-Opening Famous Quotes About Stress - February 3, 2018
- How I Finally Stopped Binge Eating Every Week - January 22, 2018