If you’re looking for a good DIY hand scrub recipe, then you might be looking for soft hands, right? Me too! I’ve often heard that nothing gives away your age more than your hands.
But expensive hand creams aren’t the answer. They can be loaded with chemical fillers and they always ignore a vital step in getting soft hands: exfoliation. Instead, fight dry, cracked winter hands with a food-based hand exfoliator formulated especially for your hands!
How to Make Homemade Hand Scrub
- Stir together the honey and coconut oil in a medium bowl.
- In another small bowl, blend the salt, sugar and lemon juice until it becomes crumbly.
- Pour the salt mixture over the honey mixture and stir until smooth.
- Store in a small glass storage container.
How to use your homemade hand scrub:
- Gently massage a marble-sized amount of homemade hand scrub into your hands for 30-60 seconds. (Don’t forget to exfoliate between your fingers!)
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry. The coconut oil provides enough moisture so you probably won’t need to follow up with anything else. If your hands are extra dry, you might want to apply some homemade whipped coconut oil.
- Repeat 1-2 times per week.
Why These DIY Hand Scrub Ingredients?
- Coconut oil: provides quality moisture and antibacterial/antiviral/antifungal properties. Helps soften skin so it’s ready for exfoliation. (Get high quality coconut oil online here.)
- Honey: heals and softens the skin. It’s mother nature’s best kept beauty secret!
- Salt and sugar: both are excellent for exfoliating and can also be healing for the skin.
- Lemon juice: brightens, softens, and helps remove odors from your hands (like onion!).
Hello Hand Exfoliator – Good-Bye Dry, Cracked Winter Hands!
I always wondered how to get soft hands (especially in the dry winter months), and it turns out I was missing the important step of exfoliation. Since I started using this hand scrub, my hands look and feel fantastic! They also absorb moisturizer so much better now, I hardly need to use any at all. A good hand exfoliator is the key after all!
If you enjoyed learning how to make a hand scrub, you might also enjoy one of these recipes:
- How to Make Calendula Oil at Home + 12 Uses and Remedies
- Insanely Easy Whipped Body Butter Recipe
- Microdermabrasion Scrub Recipe
- Relieve Dry, Itchy Eyes Naturally Without Eye Drops
Love this DIY hand scrub? Pin it below!
- 50+ Healthy, Easy Blueberry Recipes - July 3, 2018
- Try This Natural Charcoal Teeth Whitening Trick (It Really Works!) - July 1, 2018
- Tons of Fresh Blackberries? 48+ Healthy Blackberry Recipes You’ll Love - June 26, 2018
- How to Prevent Coffee Jitters and Caffeine Anxiety (Without Giving Up Coffee) - June 24, 2018
- 4 Easy Honey Face Mask Recipes (for Acne, Dry Skin + More) - June 17, 2018