If you’re looking for homemade sugar scrub recipes, you’re in the right place. I’ve scoured the web for some of the best and most creative (and yes, the prettiest!) DIY sugar scrub recipes, and I’ve compiled a list of my absolute favorites. These make the perfect gifts for teachers and friends and family — but don’t forget to spoil yourself too! There’s plenty of sugar love to go around. 😉
Which one of these will you try?
PS: Several of these body scrub recipes contain coconut oil — one of my favorite oils, inside the body and out! You can order virgin coconut oil HERE to eat or use in these awesome recipes.
21 DIY Sugar Scrub Recipes
With just a few natural ingredients, you can make a lot of wonderful sugar scrubs. I hope this list of over 21 sugar scrub recipes inspires you to nourish your skin with homemade natural items!
1. DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars from Happy Mothering
These bars are straight up adorable, and soothe the skin with the refreshing properties of peppermint.
2. DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub from Mommy Musings
Okay, I’m a little biased because I love gingerbread, but this DIY body scrub smells like heaven.
3. DIY Coffee Body Scrub from me!
This homemade body scrub uses coffee to tone and purify your skin all over – especially legs, thighs, and torso! Perfect for getting ready for summertime. 😉
4. Homemade Chocolate Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub by How Sweet It Is
The second best thing to drinking hot chocolate is using it on your skin! This scrub is the perfect gift for the chocolate lover in your life.
5. How to Make Sugar Scrub Cubes from Hello Natural
These DIY sugar scrub cubes are the perfect way to make your scrub ahead of time and use them (or gift them) as needed.
6. Lemon Honey Sugar Scrub from Homemade Mommy
Lemon and honey is smoothing and detoxifying for all of your skin – and smells delicious!
7. DIY Mint Sugar Scrub from Love Grows Wild
Anyone who gets this mint green scrub as a gift is going to love you. Just sayin.
8. Oatmeal & Honey Homemade Sugar Scrub from Mommy Mentionables
Oatmeal and honey are the perfect combination for irritated, sensitive skin.
9. Peach Passion Sugar Scrub from Savy Naturalista
Put together a sweet-smelling scrub for the perfect gift. This recipe uses natural peach passion tea for the perfectly yummy aroma.
10. Sweet Vanilla Sugar Scrub from Thank Your Body
Vanilla brown sugar is one of my favorite scents, and the real thing is WAY better than those artificial fragrances at the shopping mall. 😉
11. Cranberry Sugar Scrub from Imperial Sugar
Cranberries are detoxifying and cleansing to the skin, and make the perfect crimson scrub.
12. Homemade Green Tea Sugar Scrub from Living Chic on the Cheap
Green tea is full of antioxidants that nourish the skin and aid regeneration. It smells fresheshingly herbal, too!
13. DIY: Apple Cinnamon Sugar Scrub from Saving with Shellie
A sugar scrub that smells like apple pie? I’ll take it. Cinnamon also invigorates the skin and promotes circulation.
14. Whipped Grapefruit Mint Sugar Scrub from The Kitchen McCabe
I’ll admit – I just adore the pictures of this recipe. Forget that grapefruit and mint stimulate healthy skin tissue. I just think it’s gorgeous.
15. How to Make a Vanilla Chai Sugar Scrub from DIY Natural
Hey, chai isn’t just for tea. It makes an excellent DIY scrub for all over!
16. DIY Raspberry Lemon Sugar Scrub from Bespangled Jewelry
I’ve always loved the combination of raspberry and lemon, and this scrub combines the two perfectly. The natural acids in the fruit aid in exfoliation, too.
17. Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub from The Idea Room
Cinnamon and vanilla are the perfect warming and relaxing combination for a body scrub. My shower will smell like fresh baked cookies, and I don’t think I’ll mind.
18. Homemade Eucalyptus Sugar Scrub from Salt Lick Lessons
Eucalyptus is cleansing and invigorating. It promotes circulation and deep breathing, making this scrub the perfect spa experience.
19. Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub from Happiness is Homemade
Pumpkin spice is everyone’s favorite, so it makes sense that it would be the perfect DIY body scrub too, right? It also makes a great gift during the holiday season.
20. DIY Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub from Bella Limento
Cucumber promotes collagen production and skin elasticity, so this minty fresh scrub will leave your skin feeling toned and youthful.
21. Lemon Mint Sugar Scrub from Shaken Together Life
And finally, the perfect combination: lemon and mint. It smells amazing, and brings so many herbal benefits to your skin. Enjoy!
Whew! Did you make it through all those nifty sugar scrub recipes? I hope you enjoyed my list and found the right sugar scrub recipe for you! Have a scrub-a-licious day!!
Bonus recipes: here’s a great Cinnamon Vanilla DIY Body Scrub recipe to try, too!
More Natural Scrub Recipes:
- Food Scrub Cubes with Menthol Crystals
- Peppermint Foaming Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Lavender Bergamot Salt Bar Recipe
- Calendula Face Scrub Recipe
Pin This Post Below: