Hi! I’m Elizabeth Walling and I created The Nourished Life in 2009. I’ve been writing about natural living, healthy recipes, DIY beauty, and reducing stress for 14 years.
About The Nourished Life
You might notice we talk about a LOT of different subjects here at The Nourished Life. That’s because health & happiness isn’t just one thing.
It’s a little about healthy recipes that nourish you from the inside out. It’s about listening to your body and working with your metabolism. It’s about having a little fun and making your own DIY beauty products.
These are all important pieces of the puzzle. I want to inspire you and help you find those puzzle pieces so you can create a healthy, happy life that works for you.
Why does this matter to me?
Because too often, we stress ourselves out trying to live a “better” life. When I started this blog in 2009, I was the mom of two toddlers. I was trying to eat perfectly, have a perfectly clean home, and do all the “right” natural living things.
And I was STRESSED. What’s more, every mom I knew felt the same way. In trying to be happier and healthier, we were actually making ourselves miserable.
At The Nourished Life, I want to do things differently.
I share all my best recipes, DIY ideas, and lifestyle tips – but it’s all centered around helping you make easy, healthy changes that reduce stress in your life.
Around the Blog
If you’re new to The Nourished Life, I know it can all feel a little overwhelming at first. Here are some tips for getting around the site:
- If you love healthy recipes, our recipes page is the place for you.
- For tips and advice on improving your metabolic health, check out our metabolism page.
- If you want to reduce stress, check out my posts on stress.
- Ready for some DIY? Then you’ll love my DIY beauty recipes and all my home remedies.
I’m the kind of girl who loves to curl up with a nice cup of coffee and a good book on the back porch. Usually with one of my dogs… or cats… or sun conures. Did I mention we love animals around here? 😉
Fun facts about me:
1. Binge watching everything Stargate
2. Homemade mac & cheese, fresh-baked cookies, and a constant supply of coffee
3. Listening to my oldies playlist
4. Re-reading the Anne of Green Gables series for the umpteenth time (I’ve had my set for 20 years now)
I don’t like…
1. The endless rat race where happiness is always two steps ahead of wherever you are (let’s ditch that club together, shall we?)
3. Brussel sprouts
4. Dogma, hype, and other emotionally manipulative narratives
I live with my family in a quiet beach town with all our animal friends (I may have neglected to mention a turtle, a frog, and a goldfish).
Let’s Stay in Touch
If you want to keep up with new posts on this blog, you can subscribe here and get my free eBook, too.
Don’t forget to check out our free essential oil eCourse HERE.
You can contact me with questions and comments at elizabeth (at) livingthenourishedlife (dot) com. I do get tons of emails, so I can’t answer them all – but I do read them. 🙂
Thanks again for visiting The Nourished Life – I look forward to seeing you around!
Favorite Posts Around the Blog
Metabolism and Health
- 7 “Healthy” Habits that Stress Your Metabolism
- How to Prevent Binge Eating
- Why I Eat Raw Egg Yolks Every Day
- 10 Foods that Affect Thyroid Health for Better or Worse
- Craving Peanut Butter? 3 Reasons Why