Hi! I’m Elizabeth Walling and I’m the founder and creator of The Nourished Life. I started this blog in 2009 as a way to document my health journey and share resources for living a healthier (and happier!) life.
About The Nourished Life
You might notice we talk about a LOT of different subjects here at The Nourished Life. That’s because living nourished isn’t just one thing. It’s a little about healthy recipes that nourish you from the inside out. It’s about listening to your body and working with your metabolism. It’s about having a little fun and making your own DIY beauty products.
These are all important pieces of the puzzle.
I’ve spent the last 10 years researching health, natural living, and mental wellness. I want to inspire you and help you find those puzzle pieces so you can create a healthy, happy life that works for you.
Why does this matter to me?
Health and wellness are important to me, but my approach is kinda different than most. I’m really into balance, enjoying life, and listening to your body. No extreme food plans or cleanses or guilt trips around here.
When I started writing here at The Nourished Life back in 2009, I wanted to share my experiences as I worked on my own health. I was a young mom of two toddlers, and I just wanted to feel better.
But everywhere I went there was another plan, another pill, another rigid diet that would “fix” everything that was wrong with me. Everyone was telling me everything I was doing wrong and everyone had a different opinion about what was right.
In the end, I just ended up less healthy and more stressed than ever before.
I wanted better for myself, and I want better for you, too.
So everything I share here comes with a big dose of moderation and encouragement. Because healthy living should never be stressful.
Around the Blog
If you’re new to The Nourished Life, I know it can all feel a little overwhelming at first. Here are some tips for getting around the site:
- If you love healthy recipes, our recipes page is the place for you.
- For tips and advice on improving your metabolic health, check out our metabolism page.
- If you want to reduce stress, check out my posts on stress.
- Ready for some DIY? Then you’ll love my DIY beauty recipes and all my home remedies.
I’m the kind of girl who loves to curl up with a nice cup of coffee and a good book on the back porch. Usually with one of my dogs… or cats… or sun conures. Did I mention we love animals around here? 😉
Fun facts about me:
1. Binge watching everything Stargate
2. Homemade mac & cheese, fresh-baked cookies, and a constant supply of coffee
3. Listening to my oldies playlist
4. Re-reading the Anne of Green Gables series for the umpteenth time (I’ve had my set for 20 years now)
I don’t like…
1. The endless rat race where happiness is always two steps ahead of wherever you are (let’s ditch that club together, shall we?)
3. Brussel sprouts
4. Dogma, hype, and other emotionally manipulative narratives
My husband and I live in a quiet beach town on the east coast, along with our two kids (who are teens now!) and all our animal friends (I may have neglected to mention a turtle, a frog, and a goldfish).
Let’s Stay in Touch
If you want to keep up with new posts on this blog, you can subscribe here and get my free eBook, too.
Don’t forget to check out our free essential oil eCourse HERE.
You can contact me with questions and comments at elizabeth (at) livingthenourishedlife (dot) com. I do get tons of emails, so I can’t answer them all – but I do read them. 🙂
Thanks again for visiting The Nourished Life – I look forward to seeing you around!
Favorite Posts Around the Blog
Metabolism and Health
- 7 “Healthy” Habits that Stress Your Metabolism
- How to Prevent Binge Eating
- Why I Eat Raw Egg Yolks Every Day
- 10 Foods that Affect Thyroid Health for Better or Worse
- Craving Peanut Butter? 3 Reasons Why
- My Secret Coffee Smoothie Recipe
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Homemade Potato Chips
- My Favorite Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Dear Body…
- How I Stopped Hating My Body
- Why Body Hate Hurts
- Traditional Diets in Perspective
- The Number One Ingredient to Avoid