Ready to learn more about coconut oil for skin that’s healthy and nourished?
Coconut oil is one of my favorite skincare products, probably because my skin just seems to love it. My face in particular is incredibly picky about what I put on it, but it gets along just fine with coconut oil. It even gets along with my acne prone skin (read more about coconut oil and acne here).
So, although coconut oil has many uses, skincare is near the top of my list (right under my coconut oil fudge).
What’s so special about coconut oil?
The unique medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil have anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties, and they also serve as antioxidants which protect your skin. So coconut oil is essentially food for your skin!
But I’m not the only one who loves using coconut oil for my skin. Below are some of my favorite coconut oil skin recipes from this blog and many others. Try one out today!
PS: A lot of these recipes use essential oils. Learn where I shop for high quality therapeutic essential oils online.
Coconut Oil for Skin: 40+ Must-Try Recipes
Coconut Oil Skin Moisturizers
1. Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter Recipe: Did you know whipping up coconut oil makes it airy and super-spreadable? I especially love that whipped coconut oil stays softer during the cold winter months…
3. Homemade Coconut Oil Hand Scrub: For soft, supple hands, start with exfoliation! This hand scrub exfoliates and moisturizes with food-based ingredients you already have in your kitchen…
4. Beach Body Polish with Minerals for Healthy Skin: Ever noticed how the ocean makes your skin feel amazing? Enjoy that feeling at home with this natural body scrub!
6. How to Make Healthy Body Butter: This easy recipe requires almost no effort at all and gives you a healthy way to moisturize your skin…
7. Homemade Tinted Moisturizer with Coconut Oil: This takes an “ordinary make-up day” and kicks it up a notch.
8. Nourishing Hard Tallow Lotion Bars with Coconut Oil: Get ‘back to your roots’ by adding some tallow to your coconut oil hard lotion bars.
9. Soothing Aloe and Coconut Oil Moisturizer: When coconut oil is paired with aloe vera gel, the final product is a simple lotion that’s soothing, refreshing, and moisturizing.
10. All Natural Face Lotion Bar: I love the idea of using a lotion bar for my face, and this one is perfected for that very purpose.
11. Whipped Dandelion and Coconut Oil Moisturizer: This recipe is super easy to make and requires just two ingredients: coconut oil and dandelion flowers. Amazing.
12. My Baby’s Bottom in a Jar Coconut Oil Skin Cream: To make your skin unbelievably soft and touchable, this is the go-to moisturizing facial cream…
Coconut Oil for Your Face and Beauty Products
13. Homemade Coconut Oil Lip Balm: Quick and oh-so-easy to make, this all-natural coconut oil lip balm will keep your lips soft and moisturized…
14. Homemade Non-Toxic Eye Liner with Coconut Oil: Forget eye liner made with funky chemicals–go all-natural and make your own (yes, you can!).
16. Homemade Sunscreen Bars: Did you know you can make your own natural sunscreen? This post will show you how…
17. All Natural Homemade Shaving Cream: This homemade shaving cream prevents post-shave pain and keep skin baby soft…
18. DIY Peppermint Eucalyptus Vapor Rub: This is a great, all natural alternative to conventional vapor rub!
19. Detox Face Mask with Coconut Oil: This delightful clay mask uses just a few simple ingredients which help clean the skin with their anti-bacterial properties.
20. DIY Homemade Makeup Remover Pads with Coconut Oil: Homemade makeup needs to be followed with homemade makeup removers, right? This simple recipe uses coconut oil to help nourish your skin.
21. Coconut Oil and Honey Face Mask: Just two delightful ingredients are necessary for this amazing and nourishing face mask.
22. Skin Soothing Face Mask with Coconut Oil: This lovely face mask recipe has interchangeable ingredients that will sooth sensitive skin, nourish dry skin and not clog pores.
23. Homemade Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub Bars: The fun thing about sugar scrub bars is that they make the perfect gift. It’s easy to store the extras, too.
24. Lemon and Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub: Unlike some complex sugar scrubs, this one calls for only a few ingredients to bring about a luscious skin scrub.
25. Coffee Scrub with Coconut Oil: Another simple body scrub recipe, this one only contains two ingredients, both of which are probably in your kitchen right now: coffee and coconut oil.
26. Soothing Coconut Oil and Salt Scrub: One of the great benefits of a salt scrub versus sugar scrub is that your skin can soak in the magnesium from the epsom salts. Enjoy!
27. DIY Rosemary Lavender Body Scrub with Coconut Oil: Unwind after a long day with this luxurious and calming DIY Rosemary Lavender Body Salt Scrub.
28. DIY Natural Shaving Cream with Coconut Oil: This homemade shaving cream nourishes and protects sensitive skin while helping you get a good, close shave. Say goodbye to dry, itchy skin and razor burn!
29. Coconut Oil Hair Mask: The wonderful thing about using coconut oil for your hair is that it’s also great for your scalp!
Coconut Oil Deodorants and Body Washes
30. Homemade Deodorant – Make Your Armpits Happy: For fresh underarms, sans chemicals. Make your own deodorant!
32. Homemade Deodorant Stick with Coconut Oil: If you want a deodorant that reminds you of store-bought ones, this is a great recipe to use.
33. Charcoal, Clay, and Coconut Oil Facial Soap Recipe: This soap is perfect for oily or acne prone skin since it is naturally anti-bacterial and toxin removing.
34. Baking Soda and Coconut Oil Face Wash: This is a simple and gentle facial skin cleanser recipe.
35. Peppermint and Coconut Oil Hand and Foot Scrub: This invigorating peppermint and coconut oil foot scrub is also great for the hands, elbows, and knees.
36. DIY Honey and Coconut Oil Body Wash: This simple and yet nourishing recipe will get your body squeaky clean.
37. Coconut Oil Soap Recipe: The most basic skincare regimen uses soap, so here’s a great coconut oil soap recipe to keep your skin happy and healthy.
Coconut Oil Skin Repair
38. Homemade Diaper Rash Cream with Coconut Oil: Just two ingredients can help relieve your baby’s skin.
39. Coconut Oil Arnica Salve: This salve is great to use for bruises, sprains, strains, and more.
40. DIY Cracked Heels Salve with Coconut Oil: This soothing salve will help keep your feet moisturized and soft.
41. Dandelion Salve with Coconut Oil: This delightful salve is easy to make and is a wonderful massage salve to keep your skin in top-notch health.
Order high quality coconut oil HERE.
Read more great articles on coconut oil for skin and beauty:
- Coconut Oil: Good Fat for a Healthy Body
- Top 5 Ways to Use Coconut Oil
- DIY Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
- Carrot and Coconut Natural Sunscreen
- Oil Cleansing with Coconut Oil
- 100+ DIY Beauty Recipes
Love this post? Pin it below!
- Desert Mist Diffuser Giveaway! (Retail Value $83.88) - March 20, 2018
- Boost Your Energy + Mood w/ 3 Cococeps Recipes (Chocolate-Reishi-Cordyceps) - March 8, 2018
- How to Make Calendula Oil at Home + 12 Uses and Remedies - February 26, 2018
- How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix (Gluten-Free + w/ Turmeric!) - February 20, 2018
- Daily Recommended Protein: How many grams do you really need per day? - February 14, 2018