Coconut is fast becoming one of my favorite real food products. Now, I’ll be perfectly honest: I usually buy expeller-pressed (refined) coconut oil. Frankly, I find this allows me to use coconut oil more often since it has virtually no taste. I mean, no offense to the almighty coconut, but I don’t want coconut-flavored scrambled eggs. So we all get a hefty dose of coconut oil every day without necessarily getting a hefty dose of the flavor.
But don’t get me wrong: I love coconut. Coconut flour, fresh coconut, dried coconut, coconut water–it’s all good. And when you combine coconut and chocolate together… well, it’s nothing short of heaven on earth. Here’s my favorite and super easy coconut oil fudge recipe.
Easy Coconut Oil Fudge
- Mix ingredients in a medium glass bowl until smooth. Spread into a small glass container (a 6 x 6 square worked for me) and refrigerate until solid (about an hour). Cut into squares and savor every bite!
- Tips for this recipe: This time of year my coconut oil is soft enough to mix straight into the recipe. Come wintertime, however, coconut oil may need to be gently melted first.
- Easy variations: You can get creative with this recipe and add shredded coconut, almonds, or walnuts as desired. Have fun with it!
MORE REAL FOOD RECIPES:
- Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cast Iron Pan
- Healthy Popsicles Recipes
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins with Yogurt
- Homemade Vanilla Extract Recipe
Elizabeth is the founder of The Nourished Life and has been writing about natural living for 12 years. Her work has been featured at Shape, Bustle, and Mother Earth Living. Her mission is to help you lower your stress levels and find fun ways to become happier and healthier. Read more about Elizabeth here.