Ready to start cleaning naturally? Want to ditch the toxins and save some moolah? Here are all the DIY cleaning recipes you’ll ever need!
I’ve compiled a quick and easy list of natural cleaning recipes you can use to clean every area of your home (organized by category, of course!). That way you have everything you need in one place.
Scary Stats about Toxic Cleaning
So *why* go natural? Honestly, the stats about toxic cleaning products are pretty freaky. Check this out:
• 1 out of every 3 chemical cleaning products contains ingredients known to cause human health or environmental problems1
• Commercial cleaning companies are under no legal obligation to research how their products might harm human health.
• The EPA ranks poor indoor air quality among the top five environmental risks to public health.
Interestingly, five out of 10 Americans are not aware of this fact.*
• The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found the levels of air pollution inside the home can be two to five times higher (and sometimes even 100 times higher) than outdoor levels.*
• An EPA study concluded that the toxic chemicals in household cleaners are 3 times more likely to cause cancer than outdoor air.2
• A study comparing women who work ouside the home with women who work at home , found a 54% higher risk of developing cancer in women who work at home. The study concluded that this is a direct result of the chemicals in household products.3
This is why I lean toward natural options whenever I’m choosing cleaning products for my house — and seriously, most of these products can be made at home without spending a fortune or putting your health at risk. *thumbs up*
This is not a complete list, but here are some of the main supplies you need on hand to become a natural cleaning pro:
- Glass spray bottles
- Essential Oils
- Baking Soda
- Natural sponges
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Lemon juice
- Microfiber cloths
- Wool dryer balls
And without further delay, here’s the complete list of cleaning recipes. Enjoy! 🙂
All Purpose/General Natural DIY Cleaning Recipes
Kitchen Natural Cleaning Recipes
Bathroom Natural Cleaning Recipes
Floors/Carpet Natural Cleaning Recipes
Laundry Natural DIY Cleaning Recipes
More Natural Living Recipes:
- DIY Lemon Citrus Vinegar Cleaner Recipe
- Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner Recipe without Castile Soap
- Natural Strawberry Banana Soap Recipe
- Homemade Yogurt Soap Recipe for Skin Health
- Half and Half Milk Soap Recipe with Turmeric
- Oatmeal Cinnamon Soap Recipe
Elizabeth is the founder of The Nourished Life and has been writing about natural living for 12 years. Her work has been featured at Shape, Bustle, and Mother Earth Living. Her mission is to help you lower your stress levels and find fun ways to become happier and healthier. Read more about Elizabeth here.