Today we’re going to ditch the commercial cough syrup and trade it for a natural remedy that works even better. This recipe is made with all-natural, food-based ingredients that provide instant cough relief – and it tastes amazing, too!
The truth is, we reach for over-the-counter remedies because we don’t know there’s an easy, natural alternative.
I wanted to give you the easiest possible remedy to grab when you need help with a cough:
You can sip on pineapple juice for a super easy, effective home remedy for a cough. You don’t even need to make a full cough syrup recipe if you don’t want to.
One study found that pineapple juice alone is effective for suppressing a cough and reducing mucus.
So, while I include an awesome cough syrup recipe below, just know that pineapple juice by itself works wonders.
Why is pineapple juice the best homemade cough remedy?
Between artificial dyes, alcohol, corn syrup, and all the other ingredients in store-bought cough syrup… let’s just say I’m not a huge fan.
Pineapple juice helps you avoid those ingredients, but that’s not the only benefits it provides.
Pineapple juice not only gives you cough relief, it also supports your overall wellness:
- It’s high in vitamin C.
- It’s a good source of calcium and magnesium.
- It’s rich in the anti-inflammatory enzyme bromelain.
- Research has shown it’s amazingly effective as a cough remedy.
- It also tastes delicious – so it’s much easier to get your kids to drink it!
Homemade Cough Syrup with Pineapple Juice
Tip: Try some homemade throat soothing popsicles with your pineapple juice! Just grab a nice set of stainless steel popsicle molds, pour in your juice, and there you go! Kids (of all ages) will be big fans of these.
More Natural Remedy Recipes:
- Homemade Calendula Oil Recipe
- Homemade Pedialyte Recipe with Fruit Juice
- DIY Toner for Acne and Oily Skin
- Home Remedies for Headaches and Migraines
- Herbal Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse