My family loves this flourless Cheesy Bread recipe. Whenever we eat it, everyone always wants seconds.
Cheesy Bread is great by itself, served alongside soup, dipped in your favorite marinara, or even as the base for an open-faced sandwich. It refrigerates well, too, and can be warmed up very quickly in a toaster oven.
Today’s recipe is by Sarah Smith of Nourished and Nurtured from her new cookbook Nourished Cooking. I made this cheesy bread today and it was simply divine. Of course, I love all things cheese so I’m hardly impartial, but I have a feeling you’ll love it too. This is a handy, healthful snack to keep around for a quick bite, so I’ll probably be revisiting this recipe quite often!
If your family loves cheesy bread as much as we do, you are going to love this flourless cheesy bread recipe.
Feel free to experiment with different cheeses in this recipe. We typically use cheddar and Parmesan, but it is also great with a combination of white cheddar, green chile cheddar, and low-moisture mozzarella.
Rebecca wrote: “Made it! It’s as delicious as it looks – everyone loved it!”
Joy wrote: “Awesome!… We will definitely make this regularly. We dubbed coconut flour for the arrowroot with good success. We used half as much coconut flour.”
If you like this recipe, you can get dozens more like it in Sarah Smith’s new cookbook Nourished Cooking.
Flourless Cheesy Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or an Exopat. Use a silicone spatula to spread the mixture out as thin as you can make it without seeing any holes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. The edges should be very browned, and the top should be nicely browned. [Elizabeth: mine took a few minutes longer--I don't think I spread it quite thin enough!]
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. Then use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the bread into wedges or pieces.
NOTE: Arrowroot is not GAPS-legal. See reader comment below for a GAPS-legal substitution.
You might also enjoy these recipes:
- Chocolate Zucchini Breakfast Muffins
- Homemade Flourless Brownies
- Pumpkin Banana Mini Flourless Muffins
- Flourless Peppermint Brownies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with Vanilla Cream
- Gluten-Free Goldfish Crackers
- Top 10 Grain-Free Bread Recipes
- Grain-Free Chocolate Cake from Our Small Hours