How to Make Homemade Shaving Cream
This DIY shaving cream is luxurious and friendly for sensitive skin.
Prep Time5 mins
Active Time5 mins
Yield: 16 uses
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon emulsifying wax
- 1 tablespoon natural liquid soap optional
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops bergamot essential oil
Combine shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and emulsifying wax in a bowl.
Melt ingredients in the microwave or over a double boiler.
Remove from heat, then add liquid soap and witch hazel.
Add essential oils and stir to combine.
Refrigerate until solid.
Now whip the shaving cream using a hand blender or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
Store in a glass jar in a cool, dark place.
- To use, massage a small amount into your skin before shaving. Rinse away with warm water and a gentle soap.