This homemade shaving cream recipe is perfect for anyone who has sensitive or dry skin. Not only does this natural DIY shaving cream prevent razor burn – the ultra-rich, witch-hazel based formula also moisturizes and protects even the most sensitive skin.
Shaving is *rough* on your skin! If you have sensitive or dry skin, shaving can be brutal, especially during the winter months. A high-quality homemade shaving cream can make all the difference in how your skin feels after shaving!
The secret for making a decadent, soothing shaving cream is… witch hazel. This herbal ingredient prevents irritation, reduces damage to the skin, and soothes away irritation like magic.
With this recipe, you can stop worrying about how shaving will affect your skin!
Finding the right witch hazel is important for this recipe. I like to use a double-distilled witch hazel with a low amount of alcohol. A little alcohol is fine, but too much will cause shaving to sting and irritate your skin. T.N. Dickinson’s witch hazel is a perfect match.
Related: DIY Cuticle Oil for Cracked Cuticles
Ready to learn more about essential oils? Start my FREE SUPER SIMPLE 9-STEP EMAIL COURSE to start learning – without all the stress! I focus on the absolute essentials (pun totally intended, haha) and keep everything simple. That way you can learn what you need without information overload! Start my free course now.
How to Make Homemade Shaving Cream
- Combine shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and emulsifying wax in a bowl.
- Melt ingredients in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Remove from heat, then add liquid soap and witch hazel.
- Add essential oils and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until solid.
- Now whip the shaving cream using a hand blender or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Store in a glass jar in a cool, dark place.
- To use, massage a small amount into your skin before shaving. Rinse away with warm water and a gentle soap.
MORE DIY BEAUTY RECIPES:
- 40+ Coconut Oil Skincare Recipes
- 21 BEST Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes
- 4 Super Easy Honey Face Mask Recipes
- 40+ Homemade Lotion Recipes
- Refined vs. Unrefined Coconut Oil
Elizabeth is the founder of The Nourished Life and has been writing about natural living for 12 years. Her work has been featured at Shape, Bustle, and Mother Earth Living. Her mission is to help you lower your stress levels and find fun ways to become happier and healthier. Read more about Elizabeth here.