“Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
We are women who care. We are the dreamers. The protectors. The peacemakers. The comforters. The idealists. The thinkers.
The world needs all of us – but more importantly, we need each other.
Self-care is all the rage right now. And it’s easy to see why.
Most women I know are stressed, overwhelmed, and emotionally tapped out. They often feel stuck or lost, but don’t know how to fix it.
We need to take care of ourselves. As the saying goes: you can’t pour from an empty vessel.
Self-care is absolutely critical – but there is a piece missing from the self-care puzzle.
True self-care isn’t like an IKEA instruction manual where you follow each step until you reach the end and have a finished product.
Self-care is a fluid concept that will shift during different phases of our lives. There’s no finish line.
So how do we find our way on a journey that’s constantly changing?
By going together.
You’ve probably heard the saying, “It takes a village to raise a child.”
The truth is, we all need a village.
That’s why I’ve created The Self-Care Collective for women to support each other on their journey to take better care of themselves – emotionally and physically.
Because self-care may be all about taking care of yourself – but that doesn’t mean you have to do it alone. In fact, going at it alone is the opposite of what you need.
We come from all walks of life. We’ve experienced grief and abuse. Hardship and heartache. Regret and shame. Depression and panic.
It’s a rocky path to go down alone. We are stronger together.
Somewhere in the self-care guides, you’ll see relationships or community mentioned. But to me, these are more than just pieces in the puzzle – they are the key that unlocks the entire process.
We need each other. To remind each other why it’s important to care for ourselves. To encourage each other through the difficult moments. To rise in joy together each time one of us experiences something wonderful. To guide one another through the dark tunnels in life that some of us have made it through.
That is the “why” behind The Self-Care Collective – so that none of us has to journey alone.
Why this community…
- Accountability. Small habits done consistently are worth far more than big steps taken occasionally. But consistency is hard – and resistance is very real. When you fall off the self-care wagon, we’ll be there to help you back up.
- Perspective. Yes, it’s tempting to try to overhaul your whole life at once to make it “better” – but the truth is, this is a journey of a thousand tiny steps. Let’s work together to figure out what steps are most realistic and effective for you right now.
- Compassion. We’ve all been through our own downward spirals and hardships. We can use our unique experiences to help each other get through the tough spots in life.
- Inspiration. We’ll share resources, journaling ideas, favorite books, self-care suggestions, relationship tips, trauma awareness, communication skills, and more to help you move forward on your journey.
Let’s do this together! <3
As soon as you join, I’ll send you a welcome email to walk you through how to become part of our private Facebook community.
* Currently, we are a Facebook community, so you will need a Facebook account to be a part of the group.
Why a Facebook group?
I want to foster a sense of community and togetherness – the social connection we need to truly thrive. I can’t think of a better place to do that than Facebook.
Many of us are already there every day, so it made sense to create this community somewhere that would easy to access for most women.