Pumpkins. They’re great for carving scary faces and decorating around the Thanksgiving table. But mostly I love to eat them. Pass me some pumpkin bread and a slice of pumpkin pie. Gimme the pumpkin lattes and the pumpkin cheesecake ice cream. That spicy sweet flavor just sums up the essence of autumn in a mouthful.
So pumpkin oatmeal raisin cookies? Well, that’s just what happens when someone who loves pumpkin decides to make cookies in September. It was inevitable. And inevitably delicious.
These are pretty traditional oatmeal cookies with a twist of pumpkin and a dash of warming spices that bring to mind autumn leaves, harvest time and golden memories. And forget those fake scented candles. These cookies will make your kitchen smell divine.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups sprouted wheat flour or Einkorn wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened (you can use coconut oil instead)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar organic light brown sugar will also work
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or about 1/2 of a 15-ounce can of organic pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned cut oats
- 1 cup organic raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl until they reach a creamy consistency. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold oats and raisins into batter.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons of batter for each cookie onto a stainless steel baking sheet (line with parchment paper for easy cleanup!).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool and serve (with a tall glass of fresh milk or apple cider if you'd like!).
More Yummy Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Souffle (Grain, Dairy and Nut Free)
- Paleo Pumpkin Granola
- Honey Maple Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Frosting
You might also enjoy… this homemade caramel recipe!
More of My Delicious Dessert Recipes:
- Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cast Iron Pan
- Big and Chewy Molasses Spice Cookie Recipe
- Healthier Strawberry Muffins Recipe
- Coconut Sugar Simple Syrup
- Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
Love this recipe? Pin it below!
Elizabeth is the founder and creative director at The Nourished Life. Her mission is to help people find a more balanced (less stressful!) approach to living a happy, healthy life. Read more about Elizabeth here.