At home, my eyes are fine and dandy–crystal clear and just the right amount of moisture. But when I go out, my eyes develop another personality. One that gets red and dry and irritated. Although I’ve always been armed with eye drops when I go out, I couldn’t help but think there must be a better (more natural!) way to address this problem. And by accident, I discovered an answer.
Lavender Mascara and Happy Eyes
A few weeks ago, I found this photo and posted it in my essential oils group on Facebook:
It sounded like great idea and I had my Young Living lavender essential oil handy, so I added a drop to my mascara. Right away I noticed my mascara stopped clumping (and smelled wonderful!). But after using it a few times I noticed I wasn’t reaching for my eye drops as much when I went out. In fact, I was barely using them at all!
Then I remembered that lavender oil is great for dry eyes! It naturally helps lubricate tear ducts.
How to Use Lavender for Dry Eyes
NOTE: Do NOT ever put lavender oil IN your eyes! It will seriously burn.
Adding lavender to your mascara (if you wear any) is one nifty way to keep a little lavender near your tear ducts, but it’s not the only way.
You can also take a drop of lavender and rub it along the bridge of your nose. This simple trick works very quickly to relieve dry eyes. You can reapply as often as necessary (so keep a bottle handy if you get dry eyes when you go out).
PS: I order my lavender oil from Young Living because I trust their oils to be the highest possible quality. You’ll get a bottle of lavender oil in the premium starter kit when you sign up for Young Living. Get started HERE.
+1 this Post here:
- Desert Mist Diffuser Giveaway! (Retail Value $83.88) - March 20, 2018
- Boost Your Energy + Mood w/ 3 Cococeps Recipes (Chocolate-Reishi-Cordyceps) - March 8, 2018
- How to Make Calendula Oil at Home + 12 Uses and Remedies - February 26, 2018
- How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix (Gluten-Free + w/ Turmeric!) - February 20, 2018
- Daily Recommended Protein: How many grams do you really need per day? - February 14, 2018