Bigger isn’t always better, but there’s something mischievously fun about making a giant chocolate chip cookie. And when I realized I could bake a giant cookie recipe in my beloved cast iron pan… well, I may never make “normal” cookies again.
This giant chocolate chip cookie is pure old-fashioned goodness.
Simple ingredients come together to make a treat that is sure to please your inner cookie monster. So get your cast iron pan, grab a glass of fresh milk, and get ready to have fun with this giant cookie recipe.
How to Make a Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cast Iron Pan
- Get your cast iron pan ready. Any size from about 9-12 inches will do, but this recipe is for a 10-inch pan, so the cook time may need a slight adjustment if your pan is a little bigger or smaller. (If your pan is well seasoned, it shouldn't need to be buttered to keep your cookie from sticking. If you're concerned about sticking, a very light layer of butter or coconut oil will do the trick.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter with both sugars on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Scrape the side of the mixing bowl if needed.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed for about one minute.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low until just mixed together.
- Add chocolate chips and fold them into the dough by hand, scraping the bottom and side of the bowl to make sure all the ingredients are mixed.
- Spread the dough into your cast iron pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until the edges of your giant cookie are golden-brown.
- Cool for 20 minutes and slice like a pie. Serve warm with a glass of fresh milk on the side. Enjoy!
More Delicious Recipes:
- 83 Healthy Popsicle Recipes
- My Secret Coffee Smoothie Recipe
- Old-Fashioned Soft Molasses Cookie Recipe
- Homemade Stovetop Mac and Cheese Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Potato Chips with Coconut Oil
- Healthy Shrimp Tacos with Lime Slaw
Love this giant cookie recipe? Pin it below!
Elizabeth is the founder and creative director at The Nourished Life. Her mission is to help people find a more balanced (less stressful!) approach to living a happy, healthy life. Read more about Elizabeth here.