Bigger isn’t always better, but there’s something mischievously fun about making a giant chocolate chip cookie. And when I realized I could bake a giant cookie recipe in my beloved cast iron pan… well, I may never make “normal” cookies again.
This giant chocolate chip cookie is pure old-fashioned goodness.
Simple ingredients come together to make a treat that is sure to please your inner cookie monster. So get your cast iron pan, grab a glass of fresh milk, and get ready to have fun with this giant cookie recipe.
How to Make a Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cast Iron Pan
- Get your cast iron pan ready. Any size from about 9-12 inches will do, but this recipe is for a 10-inch pan, so the cook time may need a slight adjustment if your pan is a little bigger or smaller. (If your pan is well seasoned, it shouldn't need to be buttered to keep your cookie from sticking. If you're concerned about sticking, a very light layer of butter or coconut oil will do the trick.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter with both sugars on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Scrape the side of the mixing bowl if needed.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed for about one minute.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low until just mixed together.
- Add chocolate chips and fold them into the dough by hand, scraping the bottom and side of the bowl to make sure all the ingredients are mixed.
- Spread the dough into your cast iron pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until the edges of your giant cookie are golden-brown.
- Cool for 20 minutes and slice like a pie. Serve warm with a glass of fresh milk on the side. Enjoy!
More Delicious Recipes:
- 83 Healthy Popsicle Recipes
- My Secret Coffee Smoothie Recipe
- Old-Fashioned Soft Molasses Cookie Recipe
- Homemade Stovetop Mac and Cheese Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Potato Chips with Coconut Oil
- Healthy Shrimp Tacos with Lime Slaw