This Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix recipe is easy to make at home with a few pantry staples. I usually double this recipe and make it about every six weeks. There are many ways to use homemade ranch seasoning mix, and I’ve included a few great recipes at the end of the post.
My daughter is learning how to cook, and she’s obsessed with ranch on everything. She loves ranch dressing on her salads and as a dip. Fortunately, our whole family likes ranch, so we don’t mind her ranch-centered recipes, but we don’t like the fillers and MSG in the packets you buy at the store.
You can use this dry homemade ranch seasoning mix to make ranch salad dressing, veggie dip, or in cooking.
This recipe contains powdered buttermilk. I’m a seasoned cook, but even I had never bought powdered buttermilk before I started making my own ranch mix. Now, I can’t imagine cooking without it. I use it for pancakes, waffles, and biscuits. Don’t worry about stocking up on powdered buttermilk when you only need a small amount in this homemade ranch seasoning mix, because (trust me), you will end up using it in many recipes.
Don’t forget to check out some recipes you can make with this homemade ranch seasoning mix at the end of this post!
HOMEMADE RANCH SEASONING MIX RECIPE
Powdered buttermilk can be found in the baking aisle or near the powdered milk. Most brands say that you should refrigerate it after opening, so I store my ranch seasoning in the fridge.
- ½ cup Powdered buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried chives
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a food processor bowl or blender.
Pulse for 1 to 2 minutes until combined.
Store in an airtight container up to two months.
If you’re following a recipe, 3 tablespoons of this homemade ranch seasoning mix is equal to one packet.
RANCH SALAD DRESSING RECIPE:
Mix ⅓ cup of milk, ⅓ cup of mayo or Greek yogurt, and 1 tablespoon of homemade ranch seasoning mix.
RANCH DIP RECIPE:
Mix 1 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons buttermilk, and ¼ cup homemade ranch seasoning mix. It’s best after it sits in the fridge for several hours.
RANCH CHICKEN OR PORK CHOPS RECIPE:
Add a few tablespoons of homemade ranch seasoning mix to flour to coat chicken or pork and bake.
You can also sprinkle ranch seasoning on top of chicken or pork and bake.
MORE REAL FOOD RECIPES:
- 100+ Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- 47 Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- 75+ Healthy Avocado Recipes
- 37 Matcha Green Tea Recipes
- 83 Healthy Popsicle Recipes
You can read more about my thoughts on nutrition, stress and metabolism in my eBook The Nourished Metabolism. No gimmicks, just a balanced perspective on how you can improve your metabolic health. Click here to check it out.
LOVE THIS POST? PIN IT BELOW!
- Healthier Strawberry Muffins Recipe - February 15, 2018
- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade (Perfect for Valentine’s Day!) - February 6, 2018
- Copycat Onion Soup Mix Recipe - January 23, 2018
- Easy Garlic Butter Recipe - January 16, 2018
- Peppermint Foot Scrub Recipe - January 9, 2018